smtp — SMTP frontend for local delivery
smtp [-c config]
The SMTP server accepts network connection requests and performs zero or more SMTP transactions per connection. Each received message is given to one configured flusher plugin, of which there currently is also just one to choose from, message_enqueue(4gx).
smtp(8gx) is the equivalent of the Postfix smtpd(8) process. message_enqueue(4gx) is the approximate equivalent of the Postfix cleanup(8) process.
- -c config
Read configuration directives from the given file. If this option is not specified, /etc/gromox/smtp.cfg will be read if it exists.
Display option summary.
Configuration file directives¶
- The amount of time a source IP address is blocked from connecting to the service because it tried to queue too many messages.Default: 1 minute
- Colon-separated list of directories which will be scanned when locating further configuration files, especially those used by plugin instances.Default: /etc/gromox/smtp:/etc/gromox
- An IPv6 address (or v4-mapped address) to expose the management console frontend on.Default: ::1
- The TCP port number to expose the management console frontend on.Default: 5566
- Colon-separated list of directories which will be scanned when locating data files.Default: /usr/share/gromox/smtp
Default: (system domainname)
Default: false if server mode is 0 (incoming), true otherwise
- Filename of a flusher plugin to load and use. (Only one can be in use at any time.)Default: libgxf_message_enqueue.so
Default: (system hostname)
- The TCP port to export the SMTP protocol service on.Default: 25
- The TCP port to expose the implicit-TLS SMTP protocol service on.Default: (unset)
- Maximum permitted length of a message.Default: 64M
- An unprivileged user account to switch the process to after startup. To inhibit the switch, assign the empty value.Default: gromox
- If set to yes, service plugins that fail to load on startup are ignored. If set to no, the daemon will exit if any plugin cannot be loaded.Default: no
- Path to a text file which lists the filenames of service plugins to load, one per line.Default: (unspecified)
- Path to a secondary directory where service plugins will be loaded from if a primary search in standard directories (as per ld.so(8)) was unsuccessful.Default: /usr/lib/gromox
- The password to unlock TLS certificates.Default: (unset)
- Filesystem path to a certificate file for use with encrypted connection. The complete certificate chain should be present (as there is no other config directive to pull CA certs in).Default: (unset)
- If an SMTP connection stalls for the given period, the connection is terminated.Default: 3 minutes
- This flag controls whether clients must utilize TLS, either by way of implicit TLS (cf. listen_ssl_port), or through the STARTTLS command.Default: false
- The maximum number of messages that a client is allowed to queue within one connection before its source IP address is blocked.Default: 10
- Filesystem path to the key file needed to unlock the TLS certificate.Default: (unset)
- This flag controls the offering of the PIPELINING extension (RFC 2920) to clients.Default: true
- This flag controls the offering of the STARTTLS extension (RFC 3027) to clients.Default: false
- Directory for runtime variadic data.Default: /var/lib/gromox
- The maximum number of connections that each thread is allowed to process.Default: 40
- The minimum number of client processing threads to keep around.Default: 1
data_file_path/smtp_code.txt: Mapping from internal SMTP error codes to textual descriptions.
/usr/lib/gromox/libgxs_*.so: flusher plugins
/usr/lib/gromox/libgxs_*.so: service plugins
gromox(7), delivery(8gx), message_enqueue(4gx), midb_agent(4gx)